Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2/24/10- Psalm 6; Hope in the Midst of Weeping

2/24- Psalm 6:2-4, 6-9


2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony. 3 My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long? 4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. 6 I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. 7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. 8 Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. 9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted."  (Mt. 5:4)

Thoughts: The question is, “How long must I wait until you turn things around, O Lord?” Here was someone who felt like his agony, his soul-felt anguish, his lack of sleep, a growing opposition, have all piled against him. He was in the dark valley. But even in the deepest valley he had hopes that God had heard his weeping and his cry for mercy. This is the hope of faith, and this is the hope of which we should never let go.
When we are in the midst of pain, sometimes it is painful to even be reminded of hope.  We think that those who have hope do not understand the pain.  It is a blessing to yourself and others to remember that the Lord hears our cry, and one day our mourning will end- not just with death (which is hopeless, but a worldly comfort) but with resurrection.  The Lord will wipe away every tear.  Ultimately pain and sickness will get our bodies, but pain and sickness cannot conquer your eternal soul unless we let it.

Prayer: It is tiring to wait, will you come to my rescue soon, O Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment