Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3/10/10 Psalm 86:1-7,11; Mt 7:7-11 Why God Answers

3/10- Psalm 86:1-7,11; Mt. 7:7-11




1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. 2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. 3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. 4 Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. 6 Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy. 7 In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; those who seek find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened. 9 "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Mt 7:7-11)

Thoughts: Why should God answer us? Ironically, it is not because we have something that God needs. It is not because we are rich and powerful and can do God favors. It is not because we are so perfect that God has to hear us. God answers us because His mercy is great for those who are hurting- much greater than our own. God answers because we trust in Him and He does not want to let us down. God answers because we serve Him in worship and life. In the end, God answers simply because He is forgiving- despite our sins, and good despite our being bad. When God answers us, our response should be praise and devotion.

Prayer: When you answer my cry for help, may you get the praise and devotion and glory, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment