Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5/25/11 John 9:24-29 This One Thing I Know

24 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God by telling the truth,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.”
25 He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”
26 Then they asked him, “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?”
27 He answered, “I have told you already and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples too?”
28 Then they hurled insults at him and said, “You are this fellow’s disciple! We are disciples of Moses! 29 We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don’t even know where he comes from.”
(Jesus Heals Blind Man on Sabbath- Del Parsons)



Thoughts: The greatness of this passage is that it is a reminder that we don't have all the answers. Here was a simple man brought before the highly educated leaders of his country.  He didn't have the answer to their theological questions, but he did have something to say.  So we can talk to anyone about our faith- simply by speaking of what we really do know- Christ is our help, our strength, our healer and deliverer.

Prayer: Give me grace, O Lord, to testify to your great help and love.



(Song "This One Thing I Know")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeW5Cmn2aA

No comments:

Post a Comment