Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/27/11 Go with God

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139)

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. The Lord will watch over your coming in and going out from this time and forever more. (Psalm 121)

("The Wings of the Dawn" Brookgreen Gardens, SC)

Thoughts: "Via Con Dios" ("Go with God")- is my favorite address.  God always sees us, and always is with us- not forsaking us- going with us.  I think of these Psalms and this idea today for a few reasons.
1) All those travelling today (like Lovic and me); These are great "travelling mercies" Psalms. 2) All those evacuating or facing danger/problems from Hurricane Irene;  They need to know that God is with them in the storm- as Jesus was with the worried disciples in the storm on Galilee 3) All those who are uncertain about their future (that would be most of us).  There's a song, "I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand."  For believers, the image is that God is right there- reaching His hand to us.  Our task is, in God's grace, to grab it and hold it no matter what happens- trying to do His will with humility and discernment.

Prayer: I cannot hide from you, Lord, so instead I choose to embrace you.  Forgive me, welcome me back in your grace, and keep me in the palm of your hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA7H-qWBBRI







No comments:

Post a Comment