Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10-13-11 God's love knows and protects us

 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.  (Psalm 139:13-16)

("Doc" holding Etta Sloan Batson)


Thoughts: Birth is a miracle.  There are so many things that can and do go wrong.  But birth- life is still a gift from God.  I cannot beleive little Etta Sloan Batson is finally here.  That makes me a really young grandpa (not really young).  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Within us is a bonding instinct- that bonds mother and father to child.  Love is a protection to the young, helpless child.  God's love knew us, made us before we knew anything about ourselves. 

Prayer: May I remember to praise you, O Lord.  Life is a precious gift.  Help me to use it well for your glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment