Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

10/24/11 God Tears and Heals

1 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces  but he will heal us;
he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.
3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises, he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”
4 “What can I do with you, Ephraim? What can I do with you, Judah?
Your love is like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears.
5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets, I killed you with the words of my mouth—
then my judgments go forth like the sun.
6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:1-6)

(Mending a tear in the net.  We are to return to the one who has torn us- that we may be healed)


Thoughts: This is a prayer of Jesus- the Father injured Him, but also healed and raised Him on the third day.  God forsook Him, but restored Him.  Can anyone see redemption in God's allowing suffering?  Perhaps if Jesus' suffering meant the salvation of millions/billions then we can see some redemptive quality in the Father's allowing suffering.  The truth is, when we are torn, injured, bleeding, we need to return to the Lord.  Getting mad at God does nothing for us or for anything.  Returning to God brings s a chance at healing and help. 

Prayer: God you are the mender of broken hearts.  Keep me always coming back to you as the Prodigal came back to the father.

No comments:

Post a Comment