Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

10/8/11 Lord of all the earth

13 Thus says the LORD: For three transgre(thssions of the Ammonites, and for four, I will not revoke the punishment; because they have ripped open pregnant women in Gilead in order to enlarge their territory. 14 So I will kindle a fire against the wall of Rabbah, fire that shall devour its strongholds,
with shouting on the day of battle, with a storm on the day of the whirlwind; 15 then their king shall go into exile, he and his officials together,  says the LORD.
2:1 Thus says the LORD: For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not revoke the punishment; because he burned to lime the bones of the king of Edom. 2 So I will send a fire on Moab, and it shall devour the strongholds of Kerioth, and Moab shall die amid uproar, amid shouting and the sound of the trumpet; 3 I will cut off the ruler from its midst, and will kill all its officials with him,  says the LORD. (aMOS 1:13- 2:2)

(The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof)
Thoughts: The Lord holds the nations accountable for being brutal and for attacking God's people with brutality.  Brutality and cruelty- burning bones- opening the wombs of pregnant women is not to be tolerated.  The Assyrians did ruin both Moab and Ammon so that they never recovered again. The Lord shows that He is not only God of all the nations, but He cares what the nations do.  The One who made all the earth cares about all the earth.  He cares for you and for me, and that we treat each other with grace and kindness. 

Prayer: May I be kind and considerate to others, even if others have not been that way to me. Keep me, Lord, from being full of vengance and wrath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment