Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

12/9/11- The Messiah is Called "Lord"

12/9- Day 13- Light the first two candles . The Messiah shall be called the Lord Psalm 110:1; Luke 2:11; Matthew 22:43-45

The LORD said unto my Lord, "Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool." (Psalm 110:1)

11For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:11)

43He said unto them, "How then doth David in the Spirit call Him `Lord,' saying, 44`The LORD said unto my Lord, "Sit Thou on My right hand until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool"'? 45If David then call Him `Lord,' how is He his son?"  (Matthew 22:43-45)

13Ye call Me Master and Lord; and ye say well, for so I am.  14If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet, ye also ought to wash one another's feet.  (John 13:13-14)
(The Lord washing the disciples’ feet- Ford Madox Brown d. 1893)

Thoughts: Jesus is worthy of our humbling ourselves- kneeling before Him- sa He is Lord.  Yet He also humbled Himself before us- washing the feet of the disciples- and washing away our sins by His sacrificial death on the cross.  He is Lord of lords as well as King of kings, and is worthy of our allegiance and worship this advent.  If we recognized we were in His presence, and how much He did for us, we would rarely let anything get in the way of our worship of Him.

 Prayer: Lord I bow before you, for you are Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment